Tuesday, October 04, 2005

2 Corinthians 1: 3-7

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

Father of Mercy! God of Grace!
I praise and adore You for covering me with the warm Comforter of Your love. Under Your soft blanket, there is peace for my mixed-up mind and quiet for my qualms and quandaries. When hardships make my heart heavy, I am blessed by Your sweet comforts. Under the mantle of Your love there is mercy and grace. My sins are forgiven and my spirit enlivened. Wounded, weary and weak, I rest under Your soft feathers. There I find hope, healing and happiness.

After I’m rested, renewed and refreshed, I will get up and share my warm Comforter with someone else. Because I have experienced Your blessing of sweet consolation I will be able to soothe the sad souls surrounding me. Please show me someone who needs the warm Blanket of Your love today. I will gratefully share my comforting bundle of blessing with them for Your namesake. Amen.

If you are feeling overwhelmed by your qualms and quandaries allow God to comfort You. If you’ve been blessed by the Blanket of His love, share it with someone else for the glory of His marvelous name.

No comments: