Friday, October 14, 2005

God's Beauty Bar

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Ezekiel 16: 10-14 (paraphrased)
The word of the sovereign LORD came to me. "I clothed you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewelry. I put a beautiful crown on your head. You became beautiful and rose to be a queen. The splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect."

Proverbs 31:10
When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.

1 Timothy 2: 9-10
I want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

I Peter 3: 4
Put on the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.

Glorious King~
You are beautiful beyond imagination! Who can fathom Your splendor or majesty? You are the most radiant, lovely, divine King in all of heaven and earth. There is no one or no thing as wonderful and glorious as You. There’s nothing I desire more than entering your pleasant palace where I can gaze upon your beauty all the days of my life.

I come just as I am with my braided hair, fine jewelry, and expensive clothes. In awe of You, I gladly surrender them for a magnificent costly robe of righteousness appropriate for the exquisite beauty treatment I’m about to receive. Trembling in awe of your holiness, I quickly realize that my charm and beauty are fake and fleeting. I humbly bow down and praise You.
You massage the aromatic oil of Your Holy Word into the hardest knots in my heart. As I inhale the sweet fragrance of Your Word, my own words become wiser, gentler, and kinder. Quietly resting in Your presence, You knead me until I become tender. My spirit becomes gentle and quiet. I am at peace.

As You exfoliate all the dead cells of sin, my face becomes soft and glows with Your love. I leave Your beauty bar, miraculously made over. Modestly dressed, I am clothed in humility, sparkling with the splendor of my salvation. You place a radiant crown of forgiveness on my head. You have made me perfectly beautiful. Thank You, Jesus! Because I want to be a queen like Esther, I will come to your beauty bar daily, hoping that You will make me Your beauty queen for the praise of Your glorious name. Amen.

Come to God’s Beauty Bar. Allow His Words to penetrate the hardness of your heart. Receive a miracle makeover.

No comments: