Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hebrews 10: 19-23

19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. NIV

Most High God! You are the exalted One who lives forever. Your name is holy. Your home is a high and holy place. I am not worthy to come into Your presence. I live in a despicable, dirty, shack, built on a foundation of dust. Filthy and foul, You invite me to come just as I am to Your Most Holy Place through the curtain that is the body of Christ. With His precious blood, You wash me so that I am whiter than snow. What an honor and privilege it is to be here where I can draw near to You with a pure heart.

Blessed assurance Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Thank You God!

I praise You because I can walk freely in the power of forgiveness! With Your strength, I can walk away from my addictions, attractions, and afflictions. Led by the power of the Holy Spirit, I desire nothing more than to hear and obey You.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Fill me dear Lord, with more of Your goodness! May Your Words always be on my mind, Your love always in my heart, and Your power always control my selfish desires. God, I just want to love You deeper, more passionately, and more intimately than ever before.

Right now, I am choosing to run away from the darkness of my past, and into Your loving arms where You will shelter me with Your all-sufficient grace. You are faithful and true! I am believing You because of Jesus. Amen.

God has given you the power to walk in freedom from your addictions, attractions, and afflictions. Do you claim that freedom? Do you run into his loving arms when Satan is tempting you?

Our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit, and with deep conviction. 1 Thessalonians 1:5

Blessed Assurance Jesus Is Mine, Fanny J. Crosby 1820 - 1915 (no copyright)

No comments: