Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hebrews: 12:29


Hebrews 12: 29
Our God is a consuming fire.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
Do not put out the Spirit’s fire.

2 Timothy 1:6
Fan into flame the gift of God, which is in You.

Holy Spirit Wildfire~
You are a raging fire that cannot be contained! You consume everything that is worthless and wicked. Only righteousness, goodness and dedication remain. Set my heart ablaze! Burn away the wicked waste of my worthless sin so that it is forever forgotten. Turn my heap of stinking smoldering cinder into brilliant blazing beauty as I fervently follow You. Don’t let my passionate pursuit peter out.

  • Circumstances and suffering may dampen my relationship with You, but a flickering flame can be fanned into luminous light again. Fan into flame the gift that is in me.
  • The sin of self-satisfaction may extinguish the flame of intimacy. Throw the fuel of Truth on it to show me how wretched, pitiful, blind and naked I am.
  • When fear smothers my ability to behold Your regal glory up close and personally, ignite my faith with courage to believe You.
  • When Satan attempts to diffuse my affection for You by dousing me with distractions, rekindle the flame by taking captive my time and thoughts and making them obedient to You.

Passion is Your gift to me! Depleted and dampened, my devotion can easily be dispelled. With only smoldering embers remaining, my flame will not go out when I walk in the Light of my brothers and sisters. Together we will be spiritually combustible, glowing with a holy flame.
Precious Lord, I never want to lose my fervor or zeal for You. I want to be completely consumed by You, utterly impassioned by Your love and mercy, and absolutely ablaze with Your power and glory. I want the glow from Your divine flame to be seen for miles! Set me on fire for Your name sake! Amen.


Is your flame of faith faintly flickering or fully ablaze? If it’s faint, find someone who is burning brilliantly and seize a spark from them. If you’re burning a bright Holy Spirit wildfire, fan Your flame to those who are petering out. Together we will be spiritually combustible!

No comments: