Monday, March 21, 2005

Luke 11: 14-22

14Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed. 15But some of them said, "By Beelzebub, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons." 16Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven.

17Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall... 20But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come to you.

21"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. 22But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up the spoils."

O God of Wonders-
How can hearts be so cold and hard? They saw your amazing miracles right before their very eyes and couldn’t believe that the kingdom of God had arrived with Jesus. You pointed your finger and accomplished your mission, but still they did not believe. Father, it’s the same today. We’ve seen your marvelous wonders and do not accept that they are from you.

Please protect your church by uniting us in love … a house divided against itself will not fall. Unite us as your followers regardless of denomination or theology. There is power and strength in unity. When we are bound together in love the world will see you and believe. Father, forgive us for squabbling amongst ourselves and giving Satan the lead he desires. It nauseates me to think that he could be exalted because of our cold, selfish hearts.

Father, I don’t like acknowledging Satan, but today you have shown me the need to recognize that he is real and he is strong and can easily overpower me. Thank you for the reminder that you are stronger and no match for him. Lord, I aware that the enemy has an arsenal of weapon’s he’s ready to use against me: deception, doubt, discouragement, fear, depression, bitterness, loneliness, immorality, shame, despair, boredom … But I know that I will overcome because Emmanuel is with me, and He who is in me is stronger than He who is in the world. I will put on the full armor you’ve provided for protection: truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation. I will write your words on my heart and pray without ceasing.
I believe you are a mighty warrior and will deliver me from evil and temptation. Please dear


Lord, fill me with more of your Holy Spirit so that I can take my stand against the enemy in your strength and might because of Jesus. Amen

Read Eph 6: 13-18. Reflect on it, thinking about each piece of the armor. Then, pray through it and put on each and every piece to protect your heart today.

No comments: