Friday, March 18, 2005

Luke 10: 38-42

38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Precious Jesus-
How many times do you need to teach me this lesson before it sticks? Thank you for being mercifully patient with me. Forgive me for sacrificing joy and satisfaction on the altar of self-appointed service.
Thank you for teaching me again that it’s best to open my heart before opening my home. Lord, please keep me from being distracted when I am serving you. Help me to be more organized so that I can keep the "pre" in preparation and have my work done in advance so that I can enjoy your company. Give me discernment to know when to stop serving in order to hear from your heart. I recognize that service is good, but please don’t let Satan use it to make me too busy to pursue intimacy with you. Slow me down, Jesus and tell me what’s important to you. Tell me your agenda when I’m sitting at your feet and give me the time and energy to accomplish it, and I will obey. Many things are important, but only one thing is necessary: my relationship with You!

Help me dear Lord, to choose my priorities wisely in the midst of many good choices, with You always being first, then my spouse, followed by my family, and then ministry to others. At your feet I pray. Amen

What do you need to reprioritize in your life so that you can make Jesus the priority? Identify it and obey.

No comments: