Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Luke 10: 1-3

1The Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3Go! I am sending you..."

Father-
You are such an awesome teacher! I marvel at the way you teach me each day as I take time to sit at your feet. Thank you that I am not called to "go" alone. Thank you for each and every companion you send with me in the work of the gospel. Today you showed me that two are better than one because we can help each other and provide strength to one another as we go about your work. We can encourage each other and pick one another up after a fall. We can protect each other and hold one another accountable. As a team who has witnessed your miracles, our testimony is more powerful and believable. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.

The harvest is right here in my neighborhood. Please dear Lord, help me to mobilize a prayer team, and send other faithful disciples to join me in reaching out to my unsaved and needy neighbors. And Lord, please let them see Jesus in me through my words and actions. I am trusting you for an abundantly fruitful harvest because of Jesus. Amen.

Who is ripe for picking in your neighborhood? How can you show Jesus to them and pluck the fruit?

No comments: