Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Luke 10: 17-21

17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."
18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
21At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."

Jesus-
I am rejoicing because of the things we’ve accomplished in the work of the gospel. I am so excited because even the demons submitted to us in your name. I saw it! It happened just like you said it would. Wow! You are awesome, amazing and wonderful! There is power in your name! Thank you for giving me authority and power to defeat the enemy. As you fill me fresh each day with more of the Holy Spirit through your Word and prayer, I will humbly exercise the authority you’ve given me to be victorious over the Prince of Darkness. Please keep my heart pure and don’t let me become full of pride. It is only because of Your Name and Your Power in me that I am able to accomplish these things. Apart from you I am nothing.

Lord, I know that you are ecstatic about the things I’ve accomplished in your name, but thank you for reminding me that my accomplishments are not the reason to be happy. I will celebrate even if I accomplish nothing because my name is written in heaven. I will be merry because I am your child and your home is my home. I praise you God, my Father! I come to you like a child, dancing because I have access to God Most High, my Abba, Daddy who is King of kings, and Lord of lords and who is above all power!

Lord, I am joyful because your all-surpassing greatness shines through a weak and dependent child like me. What a treasure I’ve found because I believe in You and Your unlimited authority even though I cannot see. Thank you for giving me faith to believe. Please just give me more of Jesus so that my faith increases and even in the worst circumstances I will have Jesus joy in my heart. Amen.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections. Pray to receive Jesus joy right now. It's yours to claim because you are a child of God and His mansion is your mansion.

No comments: