Monday, October 17, 2016

Romans 12:1

Romans 12:1
Give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. NLT 

Thank You, Lord, for showing me the secret path to the high throne of heaven. It is not through weeping or working. It isn't through studying or serving. Offering my time without heartfelt devotion is inadequate. Presenting my talent without wholehearted dedication is insufficient. Halfheartedly giving my treasure out of obligation is inappropriate. You don't want religious ceremonies and showy performances. The only walkway to the peace, contentment and security of a throne-life is to follow You with all my heart.

It will please You when, by faith, I humbly come to the foot of the cross admitting my faults and failures allowing the bond of Your blood to fix and fortify me. Realizing the high price You paid to correct my defects will give me a deeper desire to walk Your way. I'll willingly give up family, friends and freedom in order to spend time getting to know You better. The more I know You, the more readily I'll abandon my ambitions in order to do Your will. Forfeiting my comfortable lifestyle and social status to suffer hardship will perfect my faith, make me shine purer and brighter, and draw others to You.

Believing that I am who You say I am: a chosen child who is holy and blameless in Your sight, today I choose to freely set aside my dreams and desires to follow You to the throne room of heaven where I'll have access to Your almighty power, divine authority and perfect guidance. Claiming my proper position beside You, my eyes will constantly be drawn to You, my strength will only come from You, and my actions will be wholly pleasing to Your name. Hallelujah! Amen.

God is ready and willing to show you the way to the throne room of heaven where you will find peace, contentment, and security in all circumstances. He promises to share the secret path with the humble. (Psalm 25:9, 14)

He doesn't care how much you weep or work; study or serve. He doesn't care how good or bad you've been. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor; neat or unkempt. All He wants is your whole heart devoted to following Him wherever He goes at any cost.

David Wilkerson writes, "This is the sacrifice every believer must make if He is to know the mind of God. The Lord never shares his plans with those who hold onto their own devices. Why would He direct anyone who's determined to go their own way?"

"Dear saint, the throne room is now open to you. Accept what Christ has done, and boldly take your position with him, by faith. He accepts your resigned will. Now, ask Him to open the eyes of your understanding. And confess, 'I believe what the Lord says about me: that I'm a conquering prince. I also believe that I'm where He says I am: in the throne room of heaven. I'm sitting with Him in a place of authority over all of Satan's works. Hallelujah, Amen."

World Challenge Inc., Publications, Time Square Pulpit Series August 2, 2004

No comments: