Friday, October 14, 2016

Psalm 119:49-55

Psalm 119:49-55
Remember your word to your servant,
    for you have given me hope.
My comfort in my suffering is this:
    Your promise preserves my life.
The arrogant mock me unmercifully,
    but I do not turn from your law.
I remember, Lord, your ancient laws,
    and I find comfort in them.
Indignation grips me because of the wicked,
    who have forsaken your law.
Your decrees are the theme of my 
song
    wherever I lodge.
In the night, Lord, I remember your name,
    that I may keep your law.

Lord, My God, My Holy One!
Thank You for writing Your Words of hope on the tablet of my heart. My comfort in these troubling times is this: Your promise preserves my life. No matter what happens in this nation or in the world, I will not die! Jesus is the most wonderful life-giving, life-saving, almighty Name. In Him, I am safe, sound, and secure forever. I am absolutely confident that NOTHING can come into my life without first going through You, then through Jesus, and when it gets me, it finds me full of Him.

The arrogant who mock You unmercifully will also hold me and my beliefs in utter contempt, but I will not turn from your righteous instructions. Puffed-up, self-promoting politicians with people pleasing agendas make me mad. Living large and loving it, this nation is like a cemetery full of stiff, cold cadavers. Lord, in Your wrath, remember mercy! Etch Your ancient words on my mind so that I can quickly recall them and remain calm when You unleash Your fury.

While this country is corroding, and corruption is erupting all around me, I believe You are filling the whole earth with the knowledge of Your glory. According to Your promise, You work ALL things for the good of those who love You and are called according to Your purpose. I believe You love me and have called me; therefore, though the economy fades, my financial portfolio collapses, my job is eliminated, and the government steals my money to subsidize slackers, I will sing joyfully because I know Your Name will triumph in the end. To You be the power, honor, and glory forever and ever. Amen.

As the days get darker, in the pitch black of night, the name of Jesus is my light and my salvation. Knowing His powerful name is my hope, my joy, and my peace. The name of Jesus means, "God saves." Jesus is the very Word of God. (John 1:14)

Are these not vibrant, life-giving words of hope? Will you join me on this journey, beloved? God's Word is our only hope, joy and peace.

No comments: