Thursday, October 20, 2016

Lamentations 3:25-26

Lamentations 3:25-26
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.

Merciful Lord,
I'm thankful for Your on-going instruction on how to wait for You. When I feel lost and alone, I shouldn't grumble, complain or make a lot of noise. Rather, I should be still, silently expecting You to lead me.

Alone with You, I'll open the sacred Treasure Chest of Scripture. Diligently digging through it, I'll peruse each costly command and precious promise. While I wait I'll ponder them, prayerfully asking You, the Owner, perplexing questions. In response, You'll give me an understanding of Your amazing grace and incredible love. I'll discover that there is nothing more valuable than Your priceless blood that purchased my pardon. Accepting it will prosper me with glorious power to endure problems and pressures peacefully. Carrying the bright and beautiful jewels of power, peace and patience in my heart will illuminate the Way through the darkness of difficulty to heaven where I can anticipate living happily ever after with You.

Jesus, You are the goodness I seek. In You, are all the riches of heaven that will satisfy the deepest desires of my heart. Please give me more patience to seek You while I wait for the glory of Your name. Amen.

What are you seeking while you wait for your trial to end?

I encourage you to peruse your Bible for God's commands and promises while you wait. Examine them carefully. Cover them in prayer. When you do, you'll discover the Good Fortune you've always been seeking and be satisfied.

No comments: