Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ecclesiastes 3:4

Ecclesiastes 3:4
There is a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Loving Father-
Thank You for divinely appointing times to weep and mourn, as well as, times to laugh and dance. When everything around me seems to be falling apart, the only way to find stability and security, peace and joy is to climb up on Your great big lap, pour out my heart, and trust You to work out the details for my good and Your glory.

You are the Creator of tears. They are absolutely precious to You! Collecting them in a bottle, You carefully record each and every one of them in Your book. I'm worn out from sobbing and You know it. All night I flood my bed with weeping, drenching it with tears. Overwhelmed by the heavy weight of the burdens You've laid on my back, tears have become my steady diet while proud people knock on my door wondering where in the world You are. Overcome by pain and problems, I cry out to You for grace and mercy. Amazingly, in the midst of complete chaos and confusion, You hear my heart-shattered soul weeping for release, and come to my rescue.

Lovingly You pick up my crushed spirit, and carry me into Your splendid home. Trusting You to tenderly wipe away my tears, my multitude of hurts begin to heal. Gradually, You fill the hole in my heart with love and laughter. With the anguish gone, I can jubilantly jump down from Your great big lap to dance, laugh, and celebrate Your love that is better than life. My lips glorify You, O Lord, the Creator of laughter and tears, who graciously restores broken hearts for the glory of Your name. Amen.

There is a time to weep and mourn, and a time to laugh and dance.

Read through the Psalms and look at the sorrows that made this man after God's own heart weep: He mourns over sin - his own, as well as, the sins of others; in physical anguish, when his bones are crushed, he agonizingly pours out his heart to His Father in heaven; distressed in times of loss, defeat and discouragement he expresses heartfelt sadness. There is an appropriate time to weep and mourn.

On the other hand, God doesn't want us to constantly sulk. He created laughter and dancing and ordered time for them too. The Psalms are full of appropriate times for laughter and dancing - usually after deliverance. Discover them and let your heart sing.

No comments: