Monday, October 31, 2016

Psalm 40:1-3

Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
      and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
      out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
      and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
      a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
      They will put their trust in the Lord.NLT

Faithful God,
I praise and adore Your Holy Word. If I would just slow down and talk to You through prayer, You would faithfully listen to me! If I would just turn around and face You, perusing my Bible, You would speak to me! The problem is I'm too busy wallowing in the ditch of despair. Up to my neck in mud and muck, I'm constantly trying to pull myself out of sticky situations. Unfortunately, the harder I try, the deeper I sink. 

I need You, Jesus, to come to my rescue! Come, pull me out of the hopeless pit! Set my feet on solid ground. Wash away the slime of sin. Cleanse me from the miserable mire of my mistakes. Rinse away the froth of fear. Breathe new life into me. Put a joyful song in my heart. Steadily and securely, I'll walk in Your ways, singing praises to the One who sought, found and saved me from severe destruction.

Please dear Lord, pay attention to my plea! Pick me up while I wait. Bless me with joy and peace to go where You send me in Your name, proclaiming the Way, the Truth and the Life. Amen.

Are you despondent in the ditch of despair, exhausted trying to dig your way out? Stop digging and wait for Him. Peruse your Bible and pray, asking for His help. Then, He will:

1)    Pay attention to your plea
2)    Pull you from the pit
3)    Plant your feet on solid ground
4)    Protect your steps
5)    Put a joyful song in your mouth

Waiting patiently on the Lord will pick you up from your despair, causing you to praise Him. It will make you shine like the Son, lighting the way out of the pit for others who are up to their necks in messy situations. In your current circumstances, are you grumbling or glistening for Him?

No comments: