Thursday, May 05, 2016

Psalm 89:15-17, 24

Psalm 89:15-17, 24
Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship,
for they will walk in the light of your presence, LORD. 
 
They rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation.
They exult in your righteousness. 
 
You are their glorious strength.
Our power is based on your favor. 
 
My faithfulness and unfailing love will be with him,
and he will rise to power because of me. NLT

O Lord God Almighty!
          There is none like You!
                   You are my glory and my strength! Walking in the light of Your presence, I'm pleased to proclaim Your wonderful works. Pondering what You've done sets my heart a dancing! I was weak and unworthy of even the simplest spiritual assignment when You chose me, changed me and charged me with telling people everywhere about Your unmistakable reputation for changing lives.

An ordinary person with no extraordinary talent or training, I was inadequate and unqualified for the job. Nevertheless, You persistently pursued me, promising to empower me. When I finally stopped and surrendered, You sent the Holy Spirit to train me. Using the Bible, You taught, tested and equipped me. In the brilliant light of Your presence, I learned to trust Your wisdom and seek Your advice. Soon my empty mind was filled with knowledge and my hollow heart was filled with Your unending love. Your vivacious energy gave me the courage and confidence to conquer my fears.

Before I knew it, I was doing the impossible. Surprisingly, my accomplishments were exceeding my expectations! Knowing who You are and what You can do was the secret to my success. Apart from You I am incompetent and incapable, but with You I can achieve unbelievable things. All that I am and have I owe to You, my Glorious Strength. Blessed be Your wonderful name! Amen.

God calls us to perform tasks we can't do with our own brains or abilities to prove his unfailing love and faithfulness. What extreme challenge has He given you? Has He asked you to take the test of sickness and suffering? Or are you experiencing a job loss and financial challenges? Maybe your assignment involves legal matters that are complex and beyond your comprehension. Perhaps He's asking you to move to a new job, state, or country. Whatever the assignment, stop arguing and agree to the task. Admit your weakness and ask Him to teach, test and equip you. As you learn to trust His wisdom and seek His advice, you too will accomplish unbelievable things and people everywhere will witness God's unmistakable reputation for changing lives. 
 
Apart from Him you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

No comments: