Friday, May 06, 2016

John 15:5

John 15:5
Jesus said, "If you remain in me, and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Heavenly Gardener- 
I BELIEVE You are the Divine Vinedresser. Jesus is the never ending Vine with deep roots. I am the branch. Apart from Him I am nothing but deadwood. Connected to Him, the sweet sap of the Spirit flows to my soul producing succulent fruit. 
 
Please cultivate me with more of Your extravagant love so that I'll have a soft heart. When I'm shaded by the darkness of difficulty, put a sunny smile on my face that reflects the joy of Jesus. 
 
Expand my harvest of peace as I yield to Your painful pruning. Produce in me patience that becomes more luscious with each irritating snip. Use the clippings from my branch to transplant kindness in the dirt of despair, and goodness in the soil of sorrow. 
 
Pick me up and cleanse me, Jesus! Saturate me with the fertilizer of Your Word and grow my faith. As I spend time under Your care, please keep the soil of my soul tender and teachable. Keep pulling the weeds of faulty thinking that threaten to choke my mind. O please, Divine Gardener, do whatever it takes to grow everlasting fruit from me for the glory of Your kingdom. Amen.

Ask the Heavenly Gardener to cultivate everlasting fruit from your branch on the Vine. It will require you to succumb to His painful sheers as He snips and shapes the unruly shoots. Fully surrendered to His care, you will be astonished at the incredible crop Christ creates from you.

No comments: