Friday, May 13, 2016

2 Peter 3: 10-12

2 Peter 3: 10-12
The day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.

Most High and Holy Judge,
I BELIEVE righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne. You will not be silent forever. Someday, and possibly quite soon, a raging fire will consume everything in Your way until the whole earth is exposed. From where the sun rises to where it sets You will summon all humanity for judgment.  Please help me to:

Be holy by spending time with You each day in intimate friendship, reading Your Word, praying and making friends with other believers. I want to know and recognize You.

Be godly by demonstrating love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I want You to know me and recognize me by my Christ-like characteristics.

Be watching by remaining alert and paying attention so that I won't be surprised or alarmed when You show up.

Be on guard so that I won't be misled by false teachers with a feel good message that twists the truth and justifies inappropriate activities.

Since everything here today will be gone tomorrow, it is essential that I live my life for You. I joyfully anticipate my new home in heaven where I'll live happily ever after with You, my Lord and King. Thank You for warning me of what's to come and telling me precisely how to prepare! I praise You for Your wonderful Words! Amen. 

God clearly tells us that He will come at an unexpected time. Do You believe Him? Are you ready if He comes tonight? How will you prepare to meet Him? Will you recognize Him? Will He recognize You?

No comments: