Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Proverbs 24:30-34

One day I walked by the field of an old lazybones, 
and then passed the vineyard of a lout;
They were overgrown with weeds, 
thick with thistles, all the fences broken down.
I took a long look and pondered what I saw; 
the fields preached me a sermon and I listened:
"A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, 
sit back, take it easy-do you know what comes next?
Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, 
with poverty as your permanent houseguest!" MSG 
 Proverbs 24:30-34

Merciful Lord,
Your Words paint a powerful picture that cause me to pause and ponder what my life will look like if I neglect spending time with You. Indifferent and inattentive to Your Word, my life will fall apart like the broken down fence. Help me, dear Lord, guard against neglect. I don't want to become sluggish or lazy in my walk with You. 
 
O God, Your Word is Miracle Grow for my withering soul. Every time I read it, it perks me up, filling me with purpose. It prevents sin from scorching me. When I miss a day or two, I begin to imperceptibly droop. When I miss three or four days, I really start sagging downward. Without it, I'll eventually die spiritually.

Please dear Lord, help me to be responsible in my daily walk with You. I want a rich life with YOU as my permanent house guest. In my life Lord, be glorified. Amen.

How is your relationship with Christ? Are you guarding it carefully? Are you leaning on Him in the hard times, or have you abandoned Him? 
 
Jesus loves you! He hasn't turned from you. You're redeemed and forgiven. He's wants to restore you. Will you allow Him to? Cry out to Him in prayer. He will hear you. Open your Bible and seek Him. He will be there.

No comments: