Monday, February 19, 2007

Thinking of the Lord

Psalm 16:8-11
I am always thinking of the Lord;
And because he is so near, I never need to stumble or fall.
Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy.
For you will not leave me among the dead,
You will not allow your beloved one to rot in the grave
You have let me experience the joys of life
And the exquisite pleasures of your own eternal presence. The Book

My Dear Friend,
You light up my life and make my heart happy. O how I need You every minute of every day! You’re absolutely precious to me! With You always on my mind, I’ll never trip over trouble or temptation.

Sweet Love, just thinking about Your relentless affection, chases away my problems. You love me so much that You died saving my life. You could have left me rot in the wreckage of despair, but instead You compassionately rescued and revived me. Gently holding me in Your hands, You blessed me with a brand new life. Your powerful presence protects me while You patiently build me up and teach me how to experience the exquisite pleasures of eternity. Thank You for your loving kindness.

I smile just thinking about spending the future with You! All around me are extravagant mansions. When I wish I could live in one of them, You remind me that they pale in comparison to Your promised palace in Paradise. I look forward with hope to the day when my difficulties will disappear and I’ll live happily ever after with You in the beauty of heavenly holiness.

Precious Lord, help me live a life of love from the joy of Your presence that’s always in my heart because of Jesus. Amen.

Who are you thinking about today? If you think about the Lord, He promises:
You will never stumble and fall
You will be filled with joy
He won’t leave you among the dead, rotting in a grave
You’re His beloved one
You will experience the exquisite pleasure of His eternal presence

Just thinking about friendship with God excites me! Why He would befriend a sinner like me, is beyond my understanding. I’m choosing to believe Him and accept His cherished gift! May the smile on my face reflect the joy in my heart and may I live a life of love because of Jesus.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

No comments: