Thursday, February 01, 2007

Live a Life of Love

Ephesians 5:1-2
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Extravagant Lord of Love,
I’m in awe of You and Your amazing love. The way You woo me, nurture me, and care for me is astonishing! Like a tenderhearted Father, You show me how to properly behave in the Book of Love, the Holy Bible. Watching You, I’ll learn how to live a life of love. Teach me to:

Talk wholesomely with thanksgiving
Encourage others
Never take advantage of anyone
Discipline my mind to think clearly
Expose the activities in my life that are futile
Respect and obey Your authority
Have a happy heart despite my circumstances
Excel at doing what’s good, right and true
Avoid religious smooth talkers
Radically love without expecting anything in return
Take time to be with You

With all my heart, I want to figure out what pleases You and then do it, making the most of every change I get to shine Your light into the world. Radically change my heart today, making it like Yours. Putting the interests of others before my own, I’ll find that it truly is more blessed to give than to receive. Thank You for loving me with everlasting love and drawing me to You with cords of kindness. To You be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 5 tells us exactly how to live in the family of God. Dust off your Bible and read it, or click on the link provided to read it on-line. Make a list of at least five specific ways you can live a life of love. Then, do it with a joyful heart.

No comments: