Friday, February 09, 2007

Redeemed in Love

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood.

Jesus, My Redeemer,
Your love is absolutely amazing! That You would leave your majestic home in heaven to come to this wretched place on earth to save hateful people is unfathomable. I might die for someone really special, like my child, but I’d never die for someone who despises me. Yet, that’s exactly what You did for me. While I was Your vilest offender, You intentionally died for me.

Laying down Your life, You bridged the grand canyon that separated us. Your broken body made the Way for me to safely cross over into Your glorious everlasting kingdom. I no longer have to fear falling to my death and eternal punishment because You took my hand, called me “friend” and graciously brought me into Your Father’s presence. How can I ever thank You?!

I can’t begin to comprehend why You’d choose to rescue a horrible person like me. Your thoughts are greater than my thoughts and Your ways are wider than my ways. It’s a mystery I’ll never understand, but like a naïve child, I’ll believe that You blessed, chose, adopted, accepted and redeemed me in Love.

Out of deep, heartfelt gratitude, I’ll rejoice in this wonderful relationship I have with You. Because You’ve redeemed me in Love, I’ll live a life of love by building bridges for others to come into Your presence. I’ll trust You to be my best, most devoted, and loyal Friend to the very end. All glory to You for saving me from the eternal hole of hell and sending me to Your magnificent, majestic, most high kingdom where I will live happily ever after because of Jesus. Amen.


Thank God for His redeeming love! 1 Peter 1:22 says, “Love one another deeply and from the heart.” How will you love others with the redeeming love of God – even those who hate you?

Dig deeper by reading: Romans 5:6-11

No comments: