Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Heart Shaped For Love

Romans 5:5
For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

My Dear Father,
You make my heart throb with inexpressible joy! Because Your Son, Jesus, unashamedly brought me to You, I am full of the sweet essence of Your Spirit. Absorbed in Your irresistible affection, I can live peacefully in Your presence free from criticism, judgment or condemnation.

In Your grip of grace, I’ll courageously accept problems and difficulties believing that they’re for my good. Engrossed in Your softness, I’ll expect You to gently polish me with patience to tolerate unfriendly people and unexpected circumstances. Because You care so deeply for me, I know You’ll painstakingly work on me until I shine with Your glory. The process will likely be agonizing, but it will be worth it as I become more and more like You every day.

My heart’s one desire is to be so personally close to You, that Your sweetness instinctively pours out of me like a fragrant perfume. Consumed with Your overwhelming love, no matter how busy, exhausted or frustrated I am I’ll keep smiling and spontaneously respond with patience and kindness. No matter how sick, lousy or hurt I feel, immersed in You, I’ll have a heart shaped for love that praises Your glorious name. Amen.


How will you develop a heart shaped for love?

No comments: