Thursday, February 08, 2007

Accepted in Love

Ephesians 1:6
To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. NKJV

O Gracious Father!
Your Words are a love sonnet to my soul! I just want to sit in the warmth of Your presence, listening to them until they penetrate the deepest part of me. Why in the world would You – Holy and Perfect Father – chose, adopt and accept a scruffy child like me?

Because I can’t grasp the depth of Your love, I try to earn Your acceptance by doing good things, not realizing that I’ll never measure up to Your holy standard. Only when I work in relation to Your Son are the things I do acceptable and pleasing to You.

Shamefully, I try to hide my faults from You. Unfortunately, I can’t conceal anything from Your holy gaze. If I’d only humble myself and admit what I’ve done wrong, You’d lovingly cover up my mistakes, accepting my inadequacies.

As though Your acceptance is non-existent, I often run off looking for approval of important people. Deceived, demoralized, and disappointed, I hesitate to return to You. Too proud to admit my poor judgment, I fear You’ll reject me. In reality, You’re eagerly waiting for me to come back.

Please give me a fuller understanding of Your glorious grace so that I’ll quit seeking approval and begin seeking Your face. When I stop running away from You and start running into Your open arms, I’ll realize that I’m totally accepted in Love. In Your strong grip of grace, I’ll show my heartfelt gratitude by living a life of love when I accept others despite their idiosyncrasies for the praise Your Beloved Name. Amen.

Are you trying to earn God’s acceptance by works? Are you avoiding Him because of something You’ve done? Are you afraid He’ll reject you, if you go back to Him?

Listen to His promise. He has accepted you in Love. Stop seeking His approval; you’re already approved by Him.

If you’ve done something awful, stop avoiding Him and go tell Him about it. His Word says if we confess our sins, He’s faithful and just and will forgive our sins. (1 John 1:9)

If you’ve wandered off looking for approval from man, go back to Him, He’s waiting for you. (Luke 15:11-32)

His Word says, “Nothing can separate you from His love.” (Romans 8:35-39)
For another look at the Father’s glorious gift of acceptance read Luke 15:11-32.

No comments: