Monday, August 15, 2005

John 18:37

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Jesus, You are my King! I bow down before You! I love and adore You because I believe You! I believe You left Your holy and glorious throne of dignity in heaven to come down to this miry, muddy pit to save and teach me the truth. I was sinking in slippery slime when You showed up. You lifted me out of my deep, dark, dwelling and set my feet on strong, solid ground. Standing on a firm foundation, You spoke the truth to me. I believed You were a King, the Son of God, the source of all Truth who came to rescue me from my desperate dilemma. For this reason, I earnestly seek You!

Forgive me O God, for the times that I have casually dismissed the Truth, like Pilate. I have missed blessings and opportunities because I have turned my back on the Truth. You have given me Truth through Bible Studies, sermons, daily devotions, radio messages, television broadcasts, inspirational books, and godly friends. Yet, I have chosen to ignore, deny, and avoid the Truth when it complicates my plans. Forgive me for my defiant disobedience! My heart has become callused. I can hardly hear with my ears. My eyes are closed. I cannot see. I do not want to believe!

Honorable Risen King, forgive me for my unbelief! Open my eyes to see, my ears to hear, and my heart to understand the Truth. I want to believe the secrets of the kingdom of heaven that You whisper to my quiet heart. Obeying the Truth, I will reap all the rich, abundant blessings You want to give me because of Jesus. Amen.

Have you dismissed the Truth because it has complicated your plans? If so, will you listen to Jesus?

No comments: