Wednesday, August 10, 2005

John 15: 1-5

Jesus said, "I am the vine and my Father is the Gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be more fruitful ... Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me, and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."


Heavenly Father-
This is one of my favorite pictures! You are the Gardener. Jesus is the vine. I am the branch. Apart from Him I am nothing but a dead branch. Completely connected to You, the "sap" of Your Spirit flows through every part of my being - my heart, mind, and soul. Cultivate me to produce baskets full of sweet succulent fruit for Your kingdom.


more self-sacrificing love
more joy in my salvation
more peace as I trust You, the Gardener completely
more merciful patience
more tender loving kindness
more goodness
more faith to believe You
more humility and gentleness
more self-control

O Gardener, prune me and clip me, even though it hurts, so that I can be shaped into the fruitful branch You want me to be. Pick up my leaves when they get dirty and wash them. Cleanse me, Jesus! Saturate me with the fertilizer of Your Word so that I can know Your good, pleasing and perfect will. I desire to grow the fruit of changed lives through my branch! Please use me to connect others to You for Your name sake! Amen.

What fruit are you producing for God’s kingdom?

No comments: