Thursday, January 19, 2017

Matthew 6:19-21

Matthew 6:19-21
Jesus commanded: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Jesus,
You are my most valuable Treasure. You are more lustrous than pearls, more majestic than sapphires, and more radiant than rubies. I rejoice in the richness of my relationship with You. Knowing You is more precious than the most brilliant diamond. Rare and beautiful, You've caught my interest and captivated my heart!

Like a fool, I've invested my money in worthless possessions, accumulating assets that could be destroyed in a heart beat. My warm and cozy home is full of meaningless treasures that could easily be stolen. Blessed with an overabundance of food, I'm never hungry. I've spent a small fortune on an extravagant wardrobe that I wash, wear and waste. Forgive me, Father, for overindulging in useless pleasures when others are just looking for a simple roof over their head, begging for a mere morsel to eat, and wearing my worn out wardrobe.

Because my heart and all that I have belong to You, I resolve to be more generous this year. Please touch my wallet with Your love. Show me who I can bless financially today. Willingly and wisely, I'll open my heart and my wallet, making a secure investment in Your heavenly kingdom. In return, You'll bless me with the everlasting riches of Your glorious name. Amen.

Thank God for all that He's given you. Consider all the ways you extravagantly spend money on unnecessary items while others struggle to survive. Out of heartfelt gratitude, resolve to be more generous and find someone to share your wealth with today.

No comments: