Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Galatians 5:25

Galatians 5:25
Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for compassionately choosing me to be Your beloved child and adopting me into Your great big diverse family when I was an utterly rebellious brat. When you found me I was absolutely loveless, kicking, screaming and demanding my own way. Fiercely in pursuit of fame and fortune, I was rudely pushing and shoving anyone in my path. My all-consuming desires were never satisfied! A mountain of putrid garbage had accumulated in my mind and soul. Amazingly, You picked me anyway, and sent Your infinitely powerful Spirit to tame me from my wild and wicked ways.

Vitally dependent on Your divine discipline to break my bad habits, I resolve to relinquish control of my life to Your Spirit this year. Fully submitted to Your authority, I'll recognize Your commanding voice when I purposely read my Bible. Resolutely, I'll follow Your step-by-step instructions for functioning Your way. With Your Words embedded in my mind, Your love will be behind my actions and Your power will control my egocentric desires.

Under Your wise counsel and watchful eye, I'll learn to imitate Your unrestricted love. My heart will joyfully dance and my mind will peacefully sing as I tag along with You through all kinds of stress and strain. Firmly in Your grip of grace, I'll persistently endure difficult people and situations by repeatedly demonstrating Your undeniable loving kindness. Making the most of every opportunity, I'll welcome interruptions to help carry the burdens of others I encounter along the way. Trusting You to gently lead and guide me by Your Spirit, I'll live a drastically different life that magnetically draws others to the life changing power of Your Almighty Spirit. Amen.

Will you resolve to live by the Spirit this year by fully submitting to His authority and respectfully following Him step-by-step every day?

Can people recognize you as a child of God by your attitudes and actions? If not, humbly admit that you need tamed by His almighty power. Ask Him to teach you in the way you should go. Listen carefully to His instructions and willingly follow them no matter how difficult.

When you keep in step with the Spirit, the outgrowth of the Spirit will be love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

No comments: