Thursday, January 05, 2017

1 Timothy 4:8

1 Timothy 4:8
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. NLT

My Divine Coach and Trainer,
Here I am - weak, out of shape and ready to get rid of the unnecessary stress and strain in my life. This year I resolve to get firm and fit with You. I know this fitness program will be extremely challenging, excruciatingly painful and very expensive, but the end result will be well worth it. Willingly, I'm surrendering my entire life to You, absolutely determined to improve my image from the inside out.

Giving You my best effort will be easiest if I have a few spiritual friends to train with me. Together, we'll encourage each other to persevere through the pain and doggedly practice the difficult maneuvers You teach us. Shutting out every other thought, we'll keep our eyes on You, and do exactly what we see You doing. As our hearts beat in rapid unison with Yours, we'll breathe in Your sensational power and blow out Your extraordinary strength.

Frequently refreshing with Living Water from the deep well of our Bibles will make us excitingly different. As we monitor our hearts and measure our progress, the noticeable change will motivate us to keep working out our faith with fear and trembling. Under Your rigorous daily discipline, we'll become firm and fit forever, taking on the strong physique of Your Son.

Going to the gymnasium is useful, but exercising a disciplined life with You daily is far more beneficial. When You are magnified in our bodies, we won't be ashamed and will have the stamina to endure all kinds of problems and pressures. Others will instantly recognize the drastic improvement in us and naturally be attracted to Your fitness program too. Amen.

Have you resolved to get more physical exercise this year? Me too! In my quest to get firm and fit, I'm going to sign up for a membership today. But did you know 80% of the New Years Resolutions crowd drops off by the second week of February? That could easily be me. I don't enjoy exercising. 

Fortunately, God's Word says that training for godliness is even more beneficial than physical exercise. What will you do to get firm and fit with Jesus?

Even if it's as little as 10 minutes a day, you can't afford to not train with Him. Find a study buddy and commit to working out together by doing a daily devotion. Share with each other what the Lord's teaching you. Together, you'll improve your image as you grow in His strength.

No comments: