Wednesday, January 18, 2017

1 Timothy 6:6-8

1 Timothy 6:6-8
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 

Life Giving God,
You are the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords. You are immortal and live in unapproachable light. No eye has ever seen You. Highest honor, everlasting power, and interminable dominion are Yours forever and ever!

I'm exceedingly happy because of your incredible provision! You have given me so much more than I need. Help me to be content with what I have. It's difficult to flee from the advertising induced need for every new gadget and gizmo. In a materialistic world, distinguishing between wants and needs is tough. Teach me by Your Spirit to live a genuinely simple life, fulfilled with fewer belongings. I want to be rich in faith, hope and love.

All too often I take for granted the spectacular mysteries of life, failing to recognize Your stupendous provision. The vast beauty, splendor and majesty of creation are always there for me to enjoy. Family and friends are irreplaceable blessings to be cherished and protected. Best of all, You've given me the priceless gift of eternal life through Your Son. I have so much more than food and clothing to be thankful for!

Rather than chasing after meaningless possessions, I resolve to pursue a satisfying life of wonder, consistently working at what's right and pleasing to You, my Creator, who daily enriches me with amazing grace and everlasting love. Amen.

How will you simplify your life this year? How will you consistently work at what's right and pleasing to God?

No comments: