Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Romans 11: 33-36

Romans 11: 33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
 
      How unsearchable his judgments, 
 
      and his paths beyond tracing out! 
 
 "Who has known the mind of the Lord? 
 
      Or who has been his counselor?" 
 
  "Who has ever given to God, 
 
      that God should repay him?"
 
   For from him and through him and to him are all things. 
 
      To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Wise and Knowledgeable King,
Please expand my view of You. From afar, You are an intriguing blip on the horizon. Reduced by distance, You are too manageable to be marvelous and too small to be significant.  However, as I come closer, I am absolutely astonished by the vast view of who You are and what You have done for me.

I marvel at Your extravagance and generosity
I'm awestruck by Your wisdom and knowledge
I'm mesmerized by the hidden treasures in Your Word
I wonder at Your pathways that are too complex to chart
I'm amazed at Your never-ending brilliant mind
I'm captivated with Your constant rightness
I'm stunned at Your unlimited resources

Up close I can see and experience You as the Creator of everything. I can touch the power that makes all things exist. I can be certain that You intend all things for Your glory. Please dear Lord, draw me closer and keep expanding my view of You. I want to be obviously caught-up in knowing You deeply. As my view of You becomes greater, my view of my man will become smaller. Rather than living to please people, in view of Your grace and mercy I will passionately pursue a purposeful life pleasing to You. I will praise and adore You now and forever more. Amen.

What is your view of God? Do you see Him from a distance and unapproachable, or up close and touchable? Walk nearer to Him and He will expand Your view. One thing I see when I come nearer to God is ________________________________.

No comments: