Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Ephesians 3:14-19

Ephesians 3:14-19
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

I kneel before You Father astonished by the rich gifts You've lavished on me: the family name, the family image and the family fortune. Being chosen and adopted into Your family is the highest honor and greatest privilege I'll ever receive. Nothing else will ever come close.

Today I'm claiming the priceless family promise of power to change the way I think and perceive myself. You don't see me the way I see myself: unattractive, unworthy, and unlovable. You see me as Your beloved child. Please give me faith to believe and power to grasp:

The width of Your love: wide enough to reach the whole wide world, while also touching the homosexual, the prostitute, the adulterer, the murderer, the addict, the abuser, the abused, the obsessed, the rich, the poor and much wider than I can imagine.

The length of Your love: long enough to cover my entire life, longer than my rebellion, hatefulness, apathy, arrogance, ignorance, and much longer than I can visualize.

The depth of Your love: deep enough to feel my severely broken heart that no one else understands, deeper than my insecurities and fears, and still deeper than I could ever dream.

The height of Your love: high enough to stretch from heaven to earth to show me the way to all Your hidden treasures and higher than my simple mind can possibly understand.

Father, if I could comprehend and claim Your limitless love, then I'd look to You and You alone for love. I'd stop seeking approval from my parents, spouse, children, and friends. I wouldn't fill my life with trinkets and treasures. I'd no longer crave the desires and lifestyle that once held me captive. I'd long for You and You alone.

Dear Lord, please fill me to overflowing with the inexhaustible love of Jesus today. With all my heart, I want to receive and accept the infinite love You bestow on Your children for the glory of Your name forever and ever. Amen.

Have you received and accepted God's lavish gift of love, promised to His children? He's not waiting for you to be perfect. It's yours to claim today, just as you are. If you don't feel worthy of accepting it, please pray and ask Him to give you the power to accept it. It's a life changing gift. 

No comments: