Friday, November 11, 2016

Luke 17:1-3

Luke 17:1-3
Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come. It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. So watch yourselves."

O Lord My God,
Have mercy on me! Increase my faith and change me from the inside out! Search my heart and reveal my weaknesses so that I can be on guard against sin. Because we live in a fallen world surrounded by all sorts of evil and temptation we're bound to stumble and fall. Sometimes I'll set-up the obstacle, other times I'll trip over it.

O righteous God who searches hearts and minds, search me and point out any offensive way in me. Shine Your light on my heart and reveal my weaknesses and vulnerabilities so that I'll notice the obstructions in front of me. With eyes wide open I'll avoid the dangerous pitfalls that I'm most likely to plunge into.

Where I'm strong give me grace to be sensitive to my surroundings so that I won't hinder others. Show me the weaknesses and susceptibilities of my family and friends. Aware of the difficulties that cause them problems, I'll practice love, patience and self-restraint. Woe to me if I cause someone to fall! I'd be better off dead!

Please cover me with humility, kindness and love to stand firm in all situations. I long to please You and glorify our family name. Amen.

Your faith is strong in an area if you can survive contact with sinners without being shaped into their image. It is weak in an area if you must avoid an activity in order to protect yourself from falling. Whenever in doubt, ask yourself: "Can I do it without sinning? Will my attitudes and actions influence others for the good?"

Identify your strengths and weaknesses. One thing I will do today is ____________________ (action) in order to prevent ______________________ (name of a person) from stumbling.

One thing I will do today is stop nagging in order to prevent my child from stumbling.

No comments: