Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Knowing Who I Believe

2 Timothy 1:12
That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.


Resurrection and Life,
Even though Paul was locked in the dungeon of despair he KNEW beyond a shadow of doubt Who he believed – YOU – Jesus Christ, who died to defeat death, destroy the Devil, and rose to illuminate immeasurable power and immortal life. Having known You personally and relationally, he unquestionably believed every Word inscribed in the Sacred Scriptures. With unwavering trust, he was completely convinced in the midst of his crushing circumstances that You would guard the good work You began in him until the day You returned.

Oh dear Lord, I want to KNOW You more intensely and more intimately! I don’t want to simply assent to the sound words of Scriptures, I want to listen to them, learn from them, and love them with all my heart. Through them, I will develop absolute assurance in Your insurmountable strength in the face of adversity. Instead of being ashamed, I will be fully persuaded that even when I’m inaccessible, dead or alive, You will take care of and safely guard everything I entrust to You:

My family and friends
My marriage and home
My career and finances
My health and provision
My heart and mind
My life and ministry

Holding fast to the Sacred Scriptures, I’ll find serenity and security in the solid substance of Truth. With the boldness of Paul, when I’m locked in the dungeon of despair, I will be a spectacular source of spiritual support to others who are disappointed and discouraged because of Who I know – Jesus, the Resurrection and Life. Amen.



Who are you believing and entrusting with your valuables? Are you completely convinced that the one whom you believe is able to keep everything you give to Him until the day He returns? Tell God you want to know Him more, so that you will have the extreme confidence of Paul in the midst of dangers and difficulties.

No comments: