Friday, July 18, 2008

Healing Hands

Luke 13: 10-13
On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity." Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.


Holy, Healing, Helper-
I praise You with all my heart. Great are Your works. Glorious and majestic are Your deeds. Thank You for causing Your wonders to be remembered forever.

I’m living in a world where people are beat up and put down. They’re paralyzed by problems; crippled by conflict; blind to beauty; deaf by distraction; disabled by disappointment; incapacitated by inconsistency; sick with sin; and suffering from selfishness.

Open my eyes to the heart-wrenching needs of the people who pass by me every day. With Your help, I will immediately stop what I am doing and focus on them. With Your healing hands, I’ll touch them with kindness and encouragement. By Your grace and compassion, my actions will show them how much you love them. Since my words may be the only positive thing they hear in a day, please make them gracious and uplifting.

By Your love and power, I will be the healing hands of Jesus to the hopeless and helpless, weak and weary, troubled and terrified. I will be a holy encourager for Your glorious kingdom so that Your name will be magnified above the earth. Eternal praise belongs to You, always and forever because of Jesus. Amen


Jesus noticed this crippled woman in the crowd. Instead of shying away from her, He spoke to her. Imagine how blessed she was to hear His healing words!

Likewise, Jesus has called us forward, healed us of our infirmities, and sent us out to be his healing hands in the world. Find someone who needs encouraged today. Focus on them. Fix them with an inspiring word.

No comments: