Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finding Knowledge

Proverbs 2:1-5
My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.

Faithful Father,
Thank You for hearing my sincere request. When I told You I wanted to know You more, You immediately and affirmatively responded. O how it tickles You to show Yourself to Your children!

In order to KNOW the One Whom I believe, I need to take to heart the things You tell me in my Bible. Carefully collecting each costly command, I need to treat them like treasure and guard them with my whole life.

Please dear Lord, tune my ears to listen to Your advice and learn from Your counsel. I’ll develop newfound respect for You by not only assenting to the sound of Scriptures, but also by contemplating them until they become crystal clear.

When Your instruction becomes too muddled for my meager mind, I need to speak up with confidence and ask You for insight. Diligently following Your clues, I need to pan Your Word like a gold-digger looking for every valuable nugget of truth, not stopping until I find all the precious hidden treasure found only IN You.

Before I know it, I’ll be obsessed with the riches of wisdom, knowledge and understanding of Who You are which will lead me to fear and follow You, avoiding the perilous path of temptation and corruption in order to honor Jesus in whom all the treasures of heaven are hidden. Amen.

Do you yearn to understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God? He tells us in His Word exactly how to do it:

1) Accept His Words
2) Hide them in your heart
3) Tune your ear to hear his wisdom
4) Apply your heart to understanding
5) Call out for insight
6) Earnestly search the Scriptures

Get to know God better today by reading His Word. He will be tickled to reveal Himself to you when you seek Him with all your heart.

No comments: