Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Godly Instruction

Psalm 25:12-13
Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD ?
He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
He will spend his days in prosperity.

God my Savior,
I want to know You more! Aware of Who You are:


My rock, my fortress and my deliverer
My strength, my shield and my song
My light, my hope, and my salvation
A just judge, lawgiver and witness
A stronghold in times of trouble
Everlasting God and the Creator of the ends of the earth
True and living God, Enthroned as King for ever and ever
A sure foundation, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge
A jealous and avenging God
A God to be feared

When I put You in Your proper place, and acknowledge Who I am before You:

A weak and wounded warrior
Hypocritical and egotistical
Powerless and prideful
Incapable and inadequate
Helpless and hopeless
Unattractive and unacceptable
Independent yet dependent
Slothful and small-minded
Materialistic and merciless
Indifferent and intolerant
A sinner in need of grace

THEN You will instruct me in the way I should go – the way You’ve chosen for me. I desire nothing more than to live and move and have my being IN You and Your prosperous presence. Move ME (and my Miserable Ego) out of the way and move me into Your prosperous presence. There, instruct me according to Your Word and because of Who You are, I will listen and honor Your fearsome and holy name. Amen.

Spend time searching through the Psalms. Identify Who God says He is. Meditate on His characteristics, putting him in the proper place. Then, consider Who you are apart from Him.

Then, open your Bible and follow Him! He will instruct you, through His Word, in the way you should go and lead you to the prosperity of His presence and the Promised Land.

No comments: