Friday, June 23, 2006

A Warm Comforter

John 14:16
Jesus said, "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever." ASV

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

God of All Comfort!
I praise and adore You for covering me with the warm blanket of Your love. Under Your soft quilt, there is peace for my mixed-up mind and quiet for my qualms and quandaries. When suffering makes my heart heavy Your Word encourages me with strength to endure. Under the mantle of Your love there is mercy and grace. My sins are forgiven and my spirit enlivened. Wounded, weary and weak, I rest under Your soft feathers. There I find hope, healing and everlasting happiness.

After I’m rested, renewed and refreshed, I will get up and share my warm Comforter with someone else. Because I’ve experienced the blessing of Your consolation I’ll be able to soothe sad souls surrounding me. Please show me someone who needs the warm blanket of Your love today. I’ll gratefully share my encouraging bundle of blessing with them for Your namesake. Amen.

If you are overwhelmed by confusion, doubts, and distress allow the Comforter of the Holy Spirit to cover You with His love. If you’ve been blessed by the Blanket of His love, share it with someone else for the glory of His marvelous name.

No comments: