Monday, June 12, 2006

Waiting on God's Wonderful Name

Psalm 52:9
I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.

O My Sweet Savior~
I love the sound of Your wonderful name! It tells of amazing grace, remarkable compassion, and incredible love! When my heart was broken by sin, You found me. In loving kindness, You painstakingly stooped to pick up each shattered piece of my soul. Meticulously, You fixed me with the bond of Your priceless blood and flushed away all the dirt from my past. You made me holy and pure, filling the hollow of my heart with a joyful song of Your all-sufficient name.

  • In awe of majestic mountains, roaring rivers, flamboyant flowers and spectacular sunsets, I’ll sing praises to Elohim, the Creator of everything.
  • Frightened by mighty men, I’ll remember that You are El Elyon, God Most High, Mighty King, Ruler of everything. All authority submits to You.
  • Feeling mistreated and cheated, knowing El Roi, my God Who Sees will comfort me.
    In suffering and stress, El Shaddai, my All-Sufficient God will supply me with enough strength to endure any situation.
  • When I have nagging needs, I’ll call on Jehovah-jireh, trusting the Lord Who Provides.
    Physically, mentally, or emotionally ill, I’ll cry out to Jehovah-rapha, believing the Lord Who Heals will hear me.
  • I’ll be content in the place where you’ve put me, when I realize You are Jehovah-raah, the Lord My Shepherd who leads and guides, protects and provides for me.
  • Through scary storms, when the wind is whipping and the waves are walloping me, I’ll cry out to Jehovah-shalom, and the Lord of Peace will speak calm to the surge in my soul.
  • When I’ve messed up and made mistakes, I can praise Jehovah-tsidkenu, believing the Lord My Righteousness will forgive and redeem my hopeless circumstances.
  • Sin is no longer my master, Adonai, Jesus, My Lord, is!

Please give me a deeper understanding of who You are so that when I’m wandering in the wilderness, I’ll want to wait on Your wonderful name. O how I love You because of Your Almighty, All-Powerful, Everlasting name! Amen.

Names in the Bible have great significance - especially the name of God. The names of God stand for His character, who He is, what He is and what He will do. They represent His promises. When we wait on (or hope in) God’s name, we’re remembering His character and promises.


Which name of God do you need right now? Call out to Him and He will hear from heaven and answer for the glory of His name.

His Name is Wonderful
His name is wonderful, His name is wonderful
His name is wonderful, Jesus my Lord.
He is the Mighty King, Master of everything,
His name is wonderful, Jesus my Lord.

He’s the Great Shepherd, the Rock of all ages,
Almighty God is He,
Bow down before Him, love and adore Him,
His name is wonderful, Jesus my Lord.

Copyright Public Domain

No comments: