Monday, June 26, 2006

The Battle of the Mind

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

O God You are my God and I will always praise You! I will seek You in the morning. I will learn to walk in Your ways. Step by step You’ll lead me. I will follow You all of my days!

Lord, I am fighting impurity and unrighteousness in a hateful, hostile world! My mind is the battlefield where speculation, knowledge, and thoughts take place. It is a skirmish with sin in a corrupt culture. It is a dangerous place! The enemy is seeking me. I need You, Jesus, to lead and protect me.

By Your grace, I will earnestly seek You. I will claim the divinely powerful weapons You have given me to demolish the strongholds that fill my mind with faulty thinking. I will carefully read the map of Your Word and follow Your instructions. You are my Commander-in-Chief. I will submit my thoughts to Your control. As a loyal soldier in Your Army, I will be dedicated to the battle of the mind. When I am led me into combat, I will use the sword of Your Word and pray in the power of the Holy Spirit to be victorious over sin.

As I seek You, please hide Your Word in my heart. Give me an open mind and Holy Spirit power to overcome the mental block that prevents me from memorizing Scripture. Teach me Lord, as I study and meditate on Your principles so that I am prepared for the battle. I want to know my Commander. I want to believe Him! I want to trust Him! Above all, I want to obey Him and live triumphantly in His blessing! Let Your Words flow fluently from my lips in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Did you ever think that your mind is a battlefield? There’s constantly mixed messages waging war for your thoughts! What one thing can you do today to demolish a strong temptation? What can you do today to make your mind obedient to Christ?

Example:
Today I will focus on and accept God’s love for me in order to demolish the temptation to seek approval from man. I will make my mind obedient to Christ by memorizing and believing Ephesians 1: 3-8 In love, I am blessed, chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed, and forgiven (paraphrased).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yOUR AWSOME! tHANKS FOR aLL THE TIME YOU PUT INTO YOUR BLOG EACH DAY. GOD BLESS YA!! lOVE YOUR DEDICATED READER :)