Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ps 79: 7-14

Ps 19: 7-14
7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
12 Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.
14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Almighty God,
O how I love Your perfect law! It revives my soul and gives me renewed life. Your trustworthy ancient teachings last forever! They are the same today as they were yesterday and will be tomorrow. I can depend on them to give me wisdom and guidance. You are always right. Forgive me for doubting You. It is obedience that makes my heart glad. When Your commands shine brightly, they expose the misery of my sin. In the light of Your law, I will not trip and fall.
I long to worship You forever because You are holy, pure, and fair. I am a despicable sinner in dire need of a Savior! Your Word is worth much more than the finest gold. It is priceless! It is more delicious than the richest chocolate. Immersed in it, life couldn’t be sweeter!


When You teach me, I am warned of danger. When I wholeheartedly apply Your instructions to my life, I am greatly rewarded. Thank You! I do not know my own faults and frailties. I am blind to them. Forgive me when I sin unintentionally. I do not want to deliberately do wrong, Lord. Living in the prosperity of Your blessing is my dream. Please release the grip of sin’s curse from me. Cleanse me with the precious blood of the Lamb so that I will be innocent of every transgression. Let my words and thoughts be like a pleasing song to Your ear, O Lord, because You are my Rock and my Redeemer. Amen.

Think about your responsibility to know and trust God. Consider His inevitable judgment against rebellion and indifference. Commit yourself to obey Him, whatever, whenever, and wherever he asks.

I have a ravishing appetite to know God more! I hope you do too!

No comments: