Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Prov 1: 7-9

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
8 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction
and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
9 They will be a garland to grace your head
and a chain to adorn your neck.

Ps 111: 10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise.

Holy and Awesome is Your name O God!
It is a delight to reflect on Your great works! Your deeds are glorious and majestic! Gazing on Your marvelous masterpieces is pure and perfect pleasure for the eyes of my heart. Your righteousness endures forever! Your Words are the tremendous treasure that I seek. I desire nothing more than to live in the blessing You promise to those who love and revere You. How can I love and respect You, if I don’t KNOW You? Please fill me with a deeper knowledge of who You are so that I will live wisely and obediently before my children.


May my actions show them my deep reverence and dependence on You. You are the source of all my wisdom. I am ignorant without You. Open the ears of my heart to hear Your voice and receive Your instruction. As I receive Your wise and godly counsel, crown me with glorious grace to understand. Adorn my neck with a sparkling chain as a reminder:
  • to love and honor You
  • to live in awe of Your power
  • and to obey Your Word

May I pass on this all-surpassing knowledge of Your greatness and power to my children and grandchildren so that they too will KNOW You, love You, and fear You because of Jesus. Amen.

How well do you KNOW God? Are you passing on Your knowledge and wisdom to Your children?

No comments: