Thursday, July 07, 2005

Matt 5: 3-9

Jesus said,
3"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

Lord Jesus, King of Heaven, Majestic in Glory.
Praise and honor to Your holy name, Son of God Most High. Thank You that Your Word is Truth. Lord, I want every blessing You want to give me in heaven and on earth, so please teach me to be like Jesus.

  • Humble my heart. Take away my pride and independence. Lord, I am bankrupt without You. I have nothing and am nothing. No amount of work or money can get me into the kingdom of heaven. You are the Only way. I need You Jesus, desperately. Please bless me with a poor spirit.
  • Father, I offer You the sacrifice of a broken and contrite heart. I am sorry for the pain my sin has caused You. Comfort me and restore to me the joy of my salvation.
  • Sovereign God, take my will and make it thine, it will be no longer mine. In meekness, I surrender all to Jesus with the hope of my eternal inheritance.
  • O how I hunger and thirst for righteousness. Fill me dear Lord, with Your presence. I am trading my dirty rags covered in the filth of shame and sorrow for a rich, elegant robe of righteousness so that I can appear holy and pure before my Father, the King.
  • Bless me dear One, with mercy and patience. Help me to love people despite their condition, just as You mercifully love me. I want to be an imitator of Your love.
  • And please, bless me with a pure heart and steadfast spirit so that I can see You clearly and know Your ways.
  • Jesus, Lamb of God, help me to be a peacemaker, just as You made peace for me with our Father through Your atoning sacrifice. Please bless me with a forgiving spirit so that I will be recognized as Your precious child.

Help me to give when others take, to love when others hate, to help when others hinder. I gladly give up my own rights in order to serve those less fortunate because I know that abundant rich blessings beyond my imagination await me in the kingdom of heaven. Looking forward to more of Jesus, Amen.

Bountiful blessings await you when you become more like Jesus. Which blessing do you need most? Surrender your heart and receive it.

No comments: