Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Lamentations 3: 22-33

Lamentations 3: 22-33
22The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. 24I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"

25The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. 26So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. 27And it is good for the young to submit to the yoke of his discipline.

28Let them sit alone in silence beneath the LORD's demands. 29Let them lie face down in the dust; then at last there is hope for them. 30Let them turn the other cheek to those who strike them. Let them accept the insults of their enemies.

31For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. 32Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love. 33For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow.

Faithful and Merciful God-
I rejoice in Your great love! Your compassion is unending. With each sunrise You show me new mercy, grace and love. I trust in Your faithfulness day by day. Confident in Your great promise of blessings for my future, my hope is in You Lord! I seek You with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I wait quietly in Your presence for You to work out Your plan and purpose for my life. Strong and powerful God, You are my Teacher and Counselor. I willingly come under Your authority in order to learn what You want to teach me. I wait in silent reflection for You to show me what it is You want me to know. My heart is humble and repentant because I am not worthy to be near You, yet You graciously accept me. Please fill me with power to control my attitudes and behavior in the face of adversity. Lord, I wait with confident patience, depending on You, my divine Teacher, to bring about loving lessons in my life. I know there are long-term and short-term lessons You want to teach me right now. Please quiet my heart, calm my soul, and open my mind. Let Your lessons of love flow in me and through me, faithful God. I am Your favored student, hungry for divine wisdom and knowledge. Teach me through Jesus I pray. Amen.


How have you seen God’s unfailing love and mercies? What is He trying to teach you through your trials, troubles, and tribulations?

No comments: