Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Matthew 27:50-51

Matthew 27:50-51
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

O Living Word of God!
I'll never understand the depth of Your incredible sacrifice, nor will I comprehend the high cost of it. I BELIEVE Calvary's Cross was the place where Your Spirit unmistakably collided with miserable man. The earth trembled, and rock hard, unmovable hearts shattered into a million pieces. Mine was one of them.

The curtain separating me from You was torn in two from heaven to earth as Your body was violently ripped by the soldiers' whips, cruelly torn by the crown of thorns, horribly crushed by the weight of the Cross, and split open by the piercingly point of the carpenter's nails. In the repulsiveness of Your broken and bloodied body, I find the magnificence of an open door to eternity. The veil of guilt and shame that kept me hidden from You was removed, revealing all that it cost You to save me. 

By the way of Your precious, priceless blood I can boldly walk into Your High and Holy presence. Approaching Your gracious, glorious throne, in awe of Who You are and what You've done, all I can do is bow down and worship You for the indescribable, inexplicable, incredible gift of life You've given me! Hallelujah, thank You Jesus! Amen.

Ponder the indescribable, inexplicable, incredible gift of the Cross.

No comments: