Wednesday, April 23, 2014

John 20: 19-22

John 20: 19-22
 
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said,"Peace be with you!"

After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit."

Prince of Peace,
I BELIEVE that no door can shut out Your presence. There is no lock strong enough to keep You out! Blessed assurance! I cherish the moment when You came, stood in the living room of my heart and spoke a blessing of peace to me.

Seeing Your mighty nail-pierced hand makes my soul sing. Hammered to the cross, Your holy hand blotted out my transgressions and vindicated me. There is precious peace in Your pardon.

My heart flutters at the sight of the spear-torn flesh in Your side. Because of Your wound, nothing can separate me from You - no grief, no fault, no fear. There is perfect peace in Your presence.

With a single breath of heaven, You filled me with Your Spirit, empowering me to confidently and courageously tell the life-changing story of my extreme encounter with my crucified Lord. There is prevailing peace in Your power.

Please dear Lord, come, stand in the living room of my heart today. Breathe a fresh blessing of peace on me. Then, I will go speak a blessing of peace to others for the praise of Your glorious kingdom. Amen.

Have you seen the nail-pierced hand and spear-torn flesh of Jesus? If so, go tell others the difference it made in Your life. It's not optional.

No comments: