Monday, April 07, 2014

Luke 9:51

Luke 9:51
 
As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.

Jesus,
Name above all names, beautiful Savior, glorious Lord. I am awe of You and Your journey to greatness. You knew what was waiting for you in Jerusalem: betrayal, rejection, suffering and ultimately death on the cross; yet you set your face resolutely on the challenge. Despite the anticipation of excruciating pain and suffering you quietly moved forward determined to become obedient to death in order to bring many children to glory.

Forgive me for all the detours I take in order to avoid betrayal, rejection, suffering and even death to self. Help me dear Lord, to choose the highway of humility. The voyage is excruciatingly painful but the destination is sweet. The journey is long - life long. I grow tired and weary from exerting my own energy. By Your grace and power, I will deny myself daily and take up my cross and follow you with steadfast determination to reach the goal for which you have called me - Heaven, my Father's House. Let this mind be in me that was also in Christ Jesus ... that mind which focused on the glorious final destination in the New Jerusalem. Amen.

What detour have you taken to avoid the difficult journey to the Cross? Admit you've been looking for Easy Street. Then, turn around and determine to follow Him, no matter how painful.

Jesus said,"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

No comments: