Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Job 19:25-27

Job 19:25-27
I know that my Redeemer lives,
       and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
       yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
       with my own eyes-I, and not another.
       How my heart yearns within me.

Jesus, My Redeemer,
I BELIEVE after three days in a dark tomb, You defeated death and bounced back to glorious life - not as a stiff cold corpse, but as an able-bodied man who could walk and talk.

My Redeemer lives! 
Your empty grave guarantees it! 
Your faithful followers witnessed it!  
I BELIEVE IT! 


And, I BELIEVE that one day, possibly quite soon, the heavens will split open and You will stand upon this earth with fire in Your eyes and a sword in Your hand. You will be endowed with integrity, nobility and strength. At Your appearance, every man, woman, and child will be knocked off their feet and acknowledge that You are Lord of lords, and King of kings. Undoubtedly, I will see my Faithful Knight, the Prince of Peace crowned with beauty and majesty.

Though disease and death may destroy my body, and darkness may obstruct my view, I BELIEVE with all my heart that one day I will personally stand with heaving lungs and a throbbing heart, gazing on Your glory with my own two eyes. In Your power I will have a mountaintop view of the Triumphant One who bought me and set me forever free to live eternally. O how my heart dances with desire! Hallelujah! Amen.

How confident are you that one day soon the heavens will burst open and Jesus, your Redeemer, will to stand upon the earth? Do you believe that after this time of extreme darkness, disease, and even death that you will see Him in all His splendor with your own two eyes?

Does the very thought of seeing the Risen Redeemer set your heart dancing with desire?

O how my heart yearns within me! Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King!

No comments: