Thursday, September 20, 2012

Romans 15:1-4
We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 

God of Hope,
Your Words are more brilliant than diamonds. Thank You for preserving Ancient History to teach me. In the classroom of my heart I gain knowledge, wisdom and discernment. I develop insight to help me differentiate between right and wrong. Reading and studying Your Great History book, is the wisest thing I could ever do. It prepares me for the biggest test of my life - loving and accepting others.

Fully aware of the facts, I'll know that my selfish pride and prejudice leads to dissension, disagreement, and disconnect. Following Your perfect example, I'll offer my body as broken bread. Just as You gave up Your rights to glory and power, I'll give up my rights to recognition and rewards. Because You left Your lofty, holy and pure position in heaven and came to earth to bear my sin and shame, I'll leave my hoity-toity pedestal of prominence to bear with the faults and failures of others. Since You graciously removed the barrier of sin that separates me from You, I'll voluntarily take down the walls of intolerance that divide me from others. United, we'll glorify You with one heart and one mouth by accepting one another.

Familiarity with the past will help me better understand the future. Primed with faith, I'll have endurance, encouragement, and confidence to keep an optimistic outlook of loving unity throughout each day. As I diligently read and study my Bible, Your Ancient History book, please fill me with joy and peace. I trust that the Hope of Heaven will spill from my heart by the power of the Spirit that is within me. May my attitudes and actions bring praise to our glorious family name forever and ever! Amen. 

The lessons we learn from God's Word are tremendous! If we seriously take the time to study and practice our lessons, we'll fulfill our call to be holy. We'll be people of peace and joy. A delight to be around!

What lesson is God teaching you in the classroom of your heart?  Are you practicing it? Are you ready for the biggest test of your life - to love and accept others unconditionally?

No comments: