Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A     Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
        Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name.

B     Bless the Lord, O my soul.
       All that is within me bless His holy name.

C     Come let us adore Him!
        Call on His name!

D     Declare His glory throughout the whole earth.
        Tell the whole world of his wonderful works.

E     Enter His gates with thanksgiving.
       Extol Him for His excellent greatness!

F     Forget not all His benefits.
       He faithfully forgives and forgets all our sins.

G     Great is the Lord and worthy of praise.
        Glory in His holy name.

H     Holy! Holy! Holy is the Lord Almighty!
       Who was and is and is to come.

I       I will sing praise to my great God and King.
        I will sing and make music in my heart.

J       Joyful, Joyful I adore You,
        God of Glory, Lord of Love.

K      Know that the Lord is God.
         It is He who made us, and we are His.

L      Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
         Let the heavens rejoice, let the whole earth be glad;
        Let everyone say, "The Lord reigns!"

M     Maker of heaven and earth -
        Splendor and majesty are before Him,
        Strength and glory are in His sanctuary.

N     Not to me O Lord, not to me,
        But to Your name be the glory because of You love
        and faithfulness.

O     Our God is a God who saves!
        O Lord My God, how Great thou art!

P     Praise be to the Lord;
       To God our Savior who daily bears our burdens.

Q    Quickly, I'll tell the Good News.
       My Lord lives and rules and reigns from heaven on high.

R     Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous.
       Remember the wonders He has done.

S     Shout for joy to the Lord all the earth!
       Shout for joy before the Lord , the King.
T     To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb,
       Be praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever.

U     Unto You I sing, O Lord;
        The One who rides across the ancient heavens,
        Whose mighty voice thunders from the sky.
        God is awesome in His sanctuary.

V     Victory is Yours, O Lord.
       You have made me glad with the joy of Your presence.

W     Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
        To receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength,
        And glory and honor and praise.

X     Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain.
        Be exalted, O Lord in Your strength;
       We will sing and praise Your might.

Y     Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
       You are my God and I will give You thanks forever and ever.

Z     Zion hears and rejoices!
       For You O Lord, are the Most High over all the earth,
       You are exalted far above the gods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Song of Praise For My King was written by reading the Psalms and making a list from A-Z of various ways the psalmist praised the Lord. It follows the pattern of the psalmist in Psalm 119 where each of 22 sections begins with a different letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Try writing your own song of praise and adoration. I can guarantee it will put a smile on your face, a song in your heart and a spring in your step!

No comments: