Thursday, September 27, 2012

Psalm 62:1-4

I wait quietly before God,
for my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
My fortress where I will never be shaken.
So many enemies against one man--
all of them trying to kill me.
To them I'm just a broken-down wall
or a tottering fence.
They plan to topple me from my high position.
They delight in telling lies about me.
They are friendly to my face,
according to what they have done. NLT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Almighty God-

My soul silently waits for You. My rest is in You alone. You are my rock and my salvation. Nothing can ever separate me from You! I run to You for shelter and protection. There, I calmly, quietly, patiently wait for the wicked world to pass.

The world is pursuing me, tempting me to join in the pursuit for power, prestige, possessions, and pleasure. Everywhere I turn, there is another demand for my time, talent, and treasure. The Prince of Darkness fully intends to topple me from my lofty and safe haven with You. All around me, people delight in his lies. They try to lure me by speaking persuasive words that sound good, pleasing and delightful, but in their hearts, they are deceitful. Before getting too excited about new attractive ideas, I will carefully examine the things I hear against Your Word. Please fill me with more knowledge and wisdom so that I can determine if I am hearing the Truth.

The temptation to abandon You can sneak up on me as a whisper of doubt. I will overcome the whisper of temptation by pouring out my heart to You. You will help me as I pray and diligently study Your Word. I will be devoted to You because You are strong, loving and dependable. I will love You with all my heart and soul. I will follow and fear You since You are my hope and my salvation. I will do my best to keep Your commands because I long for the promised reward to those who love and obey You. I believe You when You say, "The Son of Man is going to come in His Father's glory with His angels, and then He will reward each person according to what he has done."

Instead of chasing the world, I am choosing to pursue You, Jesus, the One and Only. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who are you chasing the world or the Lord?

No comments: