Monday, September 17, 2012

John 16:7-11
Jesus said, "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned." 

Jesus~
Your Spirit is my wise and wonderful Counselor sent from the heart of God. While living in our land, You left an enormous legacy for ordinary, uneducated people like me. Your well-preserved Ancient Words recorded by a beloved disciple two thousand years ago, point me to the power of Your Spirit.

When Your Words descended on the open pit of heart like a tongue of fire, they arrested and convinced me that I was heading toward eternal destruction on the highway to Hell. Guilty of violating every one of Your holy standards for living, they fully persuaded me to turn around and pursue a radically different lifestyle.

Certain that You have gone to the Father in Heaven and are watching every move I make, I want to respectfully respond to all kinds of people and consistently make right choices that will result in rich everlasting rewards. As I spend time with You in Bible Study and prayer, clothe me with Your sweet spirit of compassion. Advise me in my daily decisions so that my actions will always be kind and courageous, and my attitudes will always be positive and encouraging, proving that the ruler of godless living, Satan himself, has been rightly judged, convicted and condemned.

With Your help, I will quietly leave a legacy of love that points others to the life changing power of Your Spirit, and honors Your time-tested wise and wonderful advice. All glory to my Counselor, Comforter, Helper and Friend. Amen. 

Jesus left the legacy of His Sweet Spirit for you. What legacy will you leave for others: one of love or one of nagging condemnation?

We'll never persuade people to stop pursuing worldly pleasures with long-winded arguments. We'll never convince people that they're going down a dangerous road to death and destruction. Heeding the wise and wonderful advice of God's Spirit is the only way to change the world. Following Him, our attitudes and actions will speak louder than words.

Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with more of His power and love. Full of His goodness, you will be known for your pure heart and honest motives, proving that the ruler of this godless world has been judged, tried, and convicted. 

No comments: